Monday, October 4, 2010

Mommies can be international travelors

The suit case is just about packed. Do I really need to pack 13 pairs of underwear? I can wash them in the sink right? But will they dry in time or will I be wearing damp underwear all of the time? More then underwear weights on my mind before leaving....never made appt for kids' flu shots, Keith doesn't know how Sophie likes her sandwiches, will he remember to pack Spencer's clothes for circus class? Chargers, adapters for chargers, sleeping pills, diarrhea medicine, vaccines, gifts, more gifts. What if the jar of garlic stuffed olives breaks in my suitcase? Money, money belts, currency exchange, Chinese oh crap I can't read Chinese! Graduate school, I'm missing two weeks, projects assignments, reading oh God all the reading.

DEEP BREATH CHERSTE! IT'S GOING TO BE OKAY!

I am going to China and I am going to be okay. Reminds me I had better pack more tissue....and by the way, how do you use those strange looking toilets?

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy...that's a lot to worry about, but everything will be fine!!!

    http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Squat-Toilet

    Love you~safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,

    Thank you!!! OMG this is great. Informative and I could not stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naah, you definitely needed 13 pairs of underwear. At some point, you'll be feeling a little ratty, and you'll think, "@$#!! At least I am wearing CLEAN underwear!"

    ReplyDelete