Friday, October 1, 2010

What happens when you act on an impulse!

Last spring I received an invitation to go to Vietnam and Cambodia with a delegation of women's and children's health nurses. As I read the description of the trip I thought how cool! Then I got to the part about how much it cost and put it in the recycling. The day the recycling was out on the curb, I felt the letter calling me to save it. So, in the rain, I went out sifted through the recycling and pulled it out. Sometimes I think the voice in my ear was my Grandmother Martha who died a month earlier. After  months of much talk with Keith, grant writing letters to solicit funds and soul searching, I called to say I was joining the group. I was told there weren't enough people interested to make the trip happen. My heart sank. Then I was told about a similar trip on the same topic for nurses going to China. I accepted.

Coincidentally, my cousin, Ted is teaching English in Taiwan. I couldn't go all the way to China and not see him. So, October 5 I fly for 22.5 hours to Taipei to spend a couple days with Ted and girlfriend, Siobhan, then meet my group in Beijing.

Hopefully I can keep up the blog and you can view Asia through my eyes. Welcome to my travel blog! 

5 comments:

  1. This is going to be so cool. I can't wait to see and hear about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo awesome Cherste and I can't wait to read about your travels. This blog is really nice! I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip. Feel free to e-mail me or call me if you have any questions or you need help while you are in Taiwan; my friend in Taipei would be more than happy to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm looking forward to hearing about your awesome trip. Love, Aunt Lynne

    ReplyDelete